Pilgrim Hat Cookies

My Pastor's wife found these, and thought of ME *yay!*
What a cute Thanksgiving Cookie Idea! 
(I'm so glad people think of me when they find crafts!)


I basically followed the original directions she gave, but altered a few things for the sake of convenience. To start with, you will need the following:
  1. Mini Reeses cups 
  2. shortbread cookies (the kind with the chocolate on the bottoms) 
  3. yellow frosting
  4. M&Ms. (You could use something besides an m&m, but I couldn't find anything in my local grocery store that would work better.) 



It's super simple. I found the easiest thing to do was to use my piping bag an pipe a ring of the yellow frosting around the top of the reeses piece.


Then, simply turn it upside down onto the cookie.


 If you used a lot of frosting, there may be enough to hold the m&m onto the cookie, other wise, you can just dab a side of the m&M with the frosting so it has something to hold it on to the cookie. Place it on....


And... TADA! You have a pilgrim hat cookie! They were super easy to make, (even in large amounts).  I made them for my youth group... and yes, of course, they were a huge hit right before Thanksgiving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment