I don't know where my parents went wrong, but I don't like cake.
(*gasp*, there, I said it!)
This however, is a REALLLLLY yummy cupcake!
I don't know if I liked it because it was smothered in cream cheese frosting,
or peppermint bits, but it was GOOD!
I originally got the idea from my sister, she made peppermint brownies & sent me a picture... yes, naturally that craving for chocolate came, and I gave in.
I however did not have any brownie mix at my house,
but I did have chocolate cake (and cream cheese frosting!)
(after all, whe we need chocolate, just about any chocolate will work- right?)
I made my chocolate cupcakes according to the package directions,
smothered them with a huge mound of cream cheese frosting,
(remember- I don't usually like cake.),
and topped them off with crushed peppermint candies.
(I crushed the peppermint candies in my food processor-
FYI, you can't leave them in there for too long or they will turn to powder.)
To answer your question- yes, this the spot...
and I may have to make these again- they really were THAT good!
I ended up taking them to church that night for my youth group (my husband doesnt' like cake either, and there's no way I was going to let my 2 year old and myself eat all of these.)
They were a hit- the teens DEVOURED them. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment